Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sleet, snow and ice

So, it's Tuesday night so let me catch you up. You know the weather you've been watching move across the midwest? Well, we've been driving in it! Monday we picked up in Newark, delivered in Columbus, picked up in Columbus, delivered in New Vienna, left for Richmond, KY. We hit freezing rain around Cincinnati, outran it for awhile and parked for some sleep around 1 am. By 2 am we had about an inch of ice on the truck, and by the time we got up at 6 to leave, we had over 2 inches of ice on the truck and on the ground.

Moving north to Eaton, Ohio, we endured more sleet and then snow. While enroute we got a load for Wednesday picking up in Crane, IN. We headed west, hoping to get out of the mess but found we were just driving through the middle of it. We stopped a few times just to get the ice off the windshield wipers and couldn't get any washer fluid on the windshield. Geez!! Told you every day wasn't great!!! LOL

My digital media friends will be happy to know I fashioned a rain protector for my camera from a WalMart bag so I could go out into the freezing rain for a few photos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOO MMMM GGGG !!!!!!!

Hopefully after this winter storm there will be a nice break.
I got a new acct. & hope I am able to do this now.
You guys keep safe!!!
Hope to see you down here soon.
LOVE Me

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, you are truly a photographer! Excellent idea about the bag and great photos.

I'm glad you're safe, I'm in sunny south Florida. ;) But I'm thinking of you! I'm sending warm thoughts your way!

crisclark2008 said...

Congrats, Mom, on accomplishing the comment!! Love you!

crisclark2008 said...

Kathleen, How in the world did you get lucky enough to be in Florida in the middle of the quarter??

Thanks for the comment!! I knew you'd appreciate the effort! LOL