Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Hi everybody, Zeke here. Since it's Mom's birthday I thought I'd give her a break! Unfortunately they sent her and Dad to Michigan! So Dad drove all day yesterday until his time was up, just about midnight and Mom's birthday began with driving just south of Missouri. About 3 am it started snowing and by 4 she stopped at a rest area to send a message to dispatch that the delivery would probably be delayed due to white out conditions.


Mom drove until about 11:30 am when her time ran out; we were still only in Indiana and Dad took over to finish the trip. Here's a picture when we were sitting still in traffic on Interstate 80:

There were crashes everywhere and cars and trucks in ditches. Anyway, everything got delivered safely and the people were REALLY happy to get their plastic pellets. I can't understand why they'd want that stuff, but hey, they don't understand why I lick my butt either!

So now Mom and Dad are heading for Woodstock, Ontario. We haven't been to Canada in about a month! I'm sure Mom will be back tomorrow. If she can ever get some sleep!!

Sosa says hi and he hates the snow!! Love you all!

1 comment:

capnbill said...

Happy Birthday! Nothing much new on campus. Registrar has moved again... yes, back to your old place. Bitterly cold here this week.

There's a new digitalmediadegree.com with its own "news" blog. You can check in now and actually see current info. I'm teaching online and it's a hoot. Of course, you know me, it takes me 40 hours to produce a one-hour video lecture.

What's Alex up to?