Thursday, January 8, 2009

Liza has NO idea!

Let's just say yesterday sucked. First the dispatcher set our status WRONG and we lost a load. When I called and complained they gave us a load to Jamaica NY. Turns out Jamaica is in QUEENS. They really pushed us to take this load knowing normally a cargo van runs it. We worked on finding a truck route..company sent four sets of directions and all had truck restricted routes..got stuck in Queens and had to turn around in the middle of a street. That was not fun! Finally they sent a message...the load cancelled & they would pay the standard fee..$50. HA! We spent that much in tolls and more on fuel on top of that.

So...lesson learned...trucking isn't good every single day. Lesson #2..refuse all loads to NYC unless they provide me with an approved truck route. I'd rather go back to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan!!!!

We're now sitting at a truck stop in New Jersey (where you have to pay no less) waiting for a load out. But I did finally get to sleep last night after being up for 24 hours. I fell asleep by 8 and slept til 7:30 this morning. Now for a shower..........Dana is still asleep. He's gonna have to wake up. I'm hungry! LOL

Stay tuned. I really don't have any pictures today...nothing but a lot full of trucks surrounded by a fence. :)

No comments: