Thursday, December 4, 2008

We're not in Kansas anymore!

Yesterday was an interesting day....after the move to Illinois for our load we got a phone call. The driver making the pick up in NC was still at the shipper (apparently they goofed on when it would be ready) so they needed us to meet him in Nashville instead of Illinois! So we hopped in the truck, drove 200 miles south to wait for the load to arrive. It was raining cats and dogs and small ponies all but the last 30 miles. What fun!! LOL

After a 3 hour nap, the truck arrived, we moved to the loading docks so they could unload one truck and reload ours and we headed to Kansas! All in all it was a good run for us; we got additional paid miles. :) AND even though the load left the shipper 5 hours later than it should have, we got it there only 2 hours later than the original delivery time!! They were very happy.



Once that load was finished, they asked us to move to Sterling, Ill. so we headed northeast. We've stopped for the night somewhere in Missouri (hence, we aren't in Kansas anymore). We had a good supper, talked to a nice guy from NY and may watch a movie.

See, not all the days are exciting!! I did see another bald eagle today, but other than that it was pretty uneventful. Well, yesterday in Kentucky I did have some sweet tea that was so good it'd make you talk southern!!

Thanks, followers, its good to know someone out there cares! Stay tuned..........

2 comments:

Auntie M said...

Can't say much, but I can say I love you four. Work is keeping me so busy. I'm learning a whole new system that the county is going to implement. Today I had information overload!!!! Tomorrow is payday and I am going to a retirement luncheon. Not going to get too much work done. Oh well.........
Auntie M

Mitchell said...

Okay, Dorothy!
When Cinderemma sent me the link at work, I thought you had renamed yourselves!!! Yes, I thought C was badger belly and D was weasel head!! :) L'dOL when realized my error! SORRY!!

Cinderemma checks your block first thing every morning and as soon as she gets home. I don't need to read as she keeps me informed.

Keep the info coming! This I can check at 3 am and not have to worry about waking anyone!

Love Ya!!