Saturday, October 3, 2009

Middle America

Well, we've not done too bad since we hit the road again. Tennessee, Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, Missouri. No long runs, but enough to keep us occupied and mostly out of trouble.

It was soooo cold in Nebraska....rainy, in the low 50's and wind gusts up to 50 mph. We were glad for the last load of almost 8000 pounds...it helped keep the truck on the road! We spent Thursday night parked outside Omaha and walked a couple of blocks in the freezing cold to a hotel pub. We only spent a couple of hours there, but met some fun people. A driver named Jay asked where we were parked and when he found out we were in the same lot he was, he decided he was walking back with us so he wouldn't get lost! Along the way, we stopped at a convenience store to buy Powerball tickets and he decided a cold beer would be good for the walk....silly boy!! LOL Anyway, we all made it back to our trucks; we were parked two trucks over from his.

Right now we are outside St. Louis and have a job for Monday going to Kentucky. We were hoping to see the Buckeye game, but the stupid BigTen network has it so we won't be able to. Oh well. At least the team up north lost today!!!

Tomorrow is laundry day. So fun....stay tuned or get updates on Facebook. I LOVE my new phone...I can send updates to Facebook with it.

1 comment:

Captain Bill said...

I should be studying for my master's course, but your blog gives me a moment's worth of sanity. Lots of things heading toward the finish line, including a project I'm working on that, in the words of Tom Hanks, "needs tweaking." You'll know what I mean. I'll email with the latest dope, but know for certain that this place is all the poorer for your not being here. Love the blog and Facebook, but I surely miss you and your smiling face. Love to the dogs and Dana (although not necessarily in that order.)